Bug Reports

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

Re: Bug Reports

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:22 pm

AngeI wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:17 am
@blue_max any idea on this? I've read in the past Win7 has had issues but not sure if related.
Windows 7 isn't fully supported. There are a number of differences in the way the shading language has been implemented across the years and I can't fix those issues without easy access to a machine with Win7.

TFA_WebMaestro
Recruit

Post by TFA_WebMaestro » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:58 pm

Hey Angel:

So I finally got to where I could start up with TFTC. But, it didn't work out - so hopefully we can find some answers that I can then take back to my club.
1) Installed XWA Clean from Steam.
2) Shut down Steam
3) Installed XWAU Mega Patch Nov 2021 (Update 5)
4) Tested XWAU Update 5 - seemed to work okay, but didn't go that deeply into it.
5) Attempted install of TFTC 1.0 (which notes it's for Update 4)
Installer threw the following error: SystemIO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance\FlightModels\TieFighterOutland.ini'. accompanied by a long list of other data.

So, question 1: Is TFTC not quite ready to install on XWAU Upgrade 2020 v5 yet?

And question for the XWAU moderators - do you have a cache of previous updates, such as the the Mega v4?

Webby
WebMaestro
Fleet Admiral, TIE Fighter Alliance / DarkJedi Organization
Fleet Executive Officer
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

https://www.darkjedi.org/club/TFA
https://discord.gg/Dty35fjg

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:20 pm

You have to install XWAU 2020 Mega Patch.
Then Update 5.

Then TFTC 1.0
Then TFTFC v1.1

And no TFTC has not been fully tested with XWAU Update 5 yet.
That's not to say it won't work but it will be completely compatible until TFTC v1.2
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

TFA_WebMaestro
Recruit

Post by TFA_WebMaestro » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:26 am

Okay, I think I misread something...lol

I made the assumption that the XWA 2020 Mega Upgrade incorporated all the previous updates, 1-5, and XWAU was providing the "everything" download, and a patch-up download for those who were already running Update 4.

So, I've got it installed now. I've been looking forward to this for a while now...

Thanks, Ace!

*S*

Webby
WebMaestro
Fleet Admiral, TIE Fighter Alliance / DarkJedi Organization
Fleet Executive Officer
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

https://www.darkjedi.org/club/TFA
https://discord.gg/Dty35fjg

Krakknar
Recruit

Post by Krakknar » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:58 am

Hello,
The install for Xwing alliance went perfectly. However trying to install Tie fighter the installer crashes when the installer for core files gets to about 93pct.
I have included a screen shot of the lengthy error message.
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:03 am

Krakknar wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:58 am
Hello,
The install for Xwing alliance went perfectly. However trying to install Tie fighter the installer crashes when the installer for core files gets to about 93pct.
I have included a screen shot of the lengthy error message.
Thanks in advance.
Watch this video for guide https://youtu.be/nn9j4J-kj1Y

Have you installed it in this way

1) Install XWA Clean from Gog. Run game.
2) Shut down Gog
3) Install XWAU 2020 Mega Patch
4) Test game.
5) Installed XWAU Mega Patch Update 5
6) Tested game
7) Install TFTC 1.0
8 ) Install TFTFC v1.1
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Krakknar
Recruit

Post by Krakknar » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:06 am

Ah Ok, I think I see my problem. I did not do the mega patch. Ill get on that. Thank you.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:10 am

It's all there on the Downloads link to the left. (Minus TFTC stuff).
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Tigellinus
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Tigellinus » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:45 pm

Hi. i played again TFTC withXWAU and i have problem with B4M5 (Rebel Arms Deal) here i must destroy FRG Xerxes and save M/FRG: Shamus. Shamus always crash into Xerxes and both frigates are destroyed. :( its is possible ask someone about a help. :)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Tigellinus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:45 pm
Hi. i played again TFTC withXWAU and i have problem with B4M5 (Rebel Arms Deal) here i must destroy FRG Xerxes and save M/FRG: Shamus. Shamus always crash into Xerxes and both frigates are destroyed. :( its is possible ask someone about a help. :)
Hello, is this for TFTC Classic or Reimagined?

Tigellinus
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Tigellinus » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:16 pm

AngeI wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:39 pm
Tigellinus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:45 pm
Hello, is this for TFTC Classic or Reimagined?
Classic

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Tigellinus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:16 pm
Classic
I confirmed this bug has been fixed in v1.2.

Tigellinus
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Tigellinus » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:21 pm

Hi Angel, i dont know ifit isa bug but in Classix mission in B13M2 (Capture Turncoat) i have this problem. VSF Zeplin is captured. but when arrived B-Wings, they use a space bomb and ISD: Garret is destroyed only 1 second after when ATR Omega landed. it is a ug or i am a slow pilot? :D

Jorrel
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Jorrel » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:54 pm

Not exactly a bug, but definitely something to fix. There are 2 text string entries in the Pilot Proving Ground that haven't been updated:
  • The first is the loading splash screen, which references the Alliance.
  • The second is the subtitles for exiting the course, which still say "Azzameen" (the voiceover is correct and says "pilot" though)

Kong
Recruit

Post by Kong » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:00 pm

Trying to install TFTC and the installation process crashes before completing. It just closes like nothing happened. I turned off any anti-virus/malware crap. Going to try and re download the .zip but it takes a while.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:08 am

Kong wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:00 pm
Trying to install TFTC and the installation process crashes before completing. It just closes like nothing happened. I turned off any anti-virus/malware crap. Going to try and re download the .zip but it takes a while.
Hi, this bug usually occurs if you have insufficient C: Drive disk space when installing. Remember the installer uses the windows temp folder for extracting and installation, so even if you are installing to another drive, you will still need at least 20-30GB of free space on your C: Drive.

Calmputer
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Calmputer » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:11 pm

TFTC: Reimagined - Battle 8: Mission 3 - Supply TIE Advanced Plant.

At the end, after mission complete... all the rebel ships had been destroyed and I was going to the nav buoy.
All of a sudden M/CRV Tattoo 1 blows up.
Sadly I wasn't looking at it when it got destroyed... but a second later Gunboat Tau 12 also got destroyed also seemingly for no reason. If it was caused by a collision, I would have assumed only the GUN would have been destroyed, unless the M/CRV was critically low on shields... but even then, the GUN would have been destroyed first, right?

Is it possible for AI on the same team to go hostile against one another from stray shots?

Video link: https://youtu.be/bn5A7wYyu0Q?t=825

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:34 am

Calmputer wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:11 pm
TFTC: Reimagined - Battle 8: Mission 3 - Supply TIE Advanced Plant.

At the end, after mission complete... all the rebel ships had been destroyed and I was going to the nav buoy.
All of a sudden M/CRV Tattoo 1 blows up.
Sadly I wasn't looking at it when it got destroyed... but a second later Gunboat Tau 12 also got destroyed also seemingly for no reason. If it was caused by a collision, I would have assumed only the GUN would have been destroyed, unless the M/CRV was critically low on shields... but even then, the GUN would have been destroyed first, right?

Is it possible for AI on the same team to go hostile against one another from stray shots?

Video link: https://youtu.be/bn5A7wYyu0Q?t=825
This is a result of the Gunboats colliding with the M/CRV most likely, I've already fixed this for 1.3 :)

Porkins_BB
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Porkins_BB » Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:24 pm

I'm having various random bugs occur in TFTC v1.3:

- Concourse - Pilots Lounge - Some times things are not working as they used to. When I get awarded a new model or gift it always says, "For completing Tie Interceptor Training" or something along those lines. Additionally, I was killed three or four times and I only have two aircraft loses depicted.

- Training missions - The missions are available at inconsistent times. For example, I had access to Missile Boat and TD training missions, but not all of them, on the very first mission. Some missions do not work correctly. Tie Bomber Torpedo training only works up to the corvette, after that, no further starships show up. Almost all the training missions display "Tour" or "Combat" mission details incorrectly. For example, I complete a mission in the sim, and immediately following it shows a Zero for both "Tour" and "Combat". Additionally, some missions I never played show I completed it up to six times in "Combat". It doesn't appear to be working.

- Awards/Medals - This occurs randomly. After completing a a first or second mission, I am often awarded the end of campaign medal. It doesn't show the movie animation, but it appears just before the debrief. It then is loaded into my medals display case, but after the campaign is over, I get awarded the medal again. This is new to 1.3 that I haven't seen before.

Gameplay appears to be working just fine. Its all the little things outside of the simulation/flying that seem to be not working correctly.

Hullbreacher
Rebel Alliance

Post by Hullbreacher » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:37 pm

Reshade causes crashes! Even when it's off completely, as soon as a firefight begins anywhere, I get CTD. I got the game looking just like ROTJ, with film grain, vignetting, lightly desaturated colors, and it CTD. I haven't tried this with XWA in awhile, but it's definitely happening in TFTC. Anybody get ReShade working?
Ackbar: "IT'S A TRAP!!"
Kids: "ADMIRAL ACKBAR CEREAL!!"
Ackbar: "YOUR TASTE BUDS CAN'T REPEL FLAVOR OF THAT MAGNITUDE!"

Snoopy2021
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Snoopy2021 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:32 pm

TFTC 1.3.2 is crashing at the end of the first mission, after I choose "Go to debriefing". I remember having this issue with tftc 1.2 and some beta-patch before. It was some patch to use GPU-acceleration. I forgot the name, sorry. I had to switch the beta-patch off, being able to get rid of the bug in tftc 1.2.
Now, with tftc 1.3 this issue doesn't go away, even when I try several different graphics-options in Babu Frik Configurator.

I am on windows 7 with the GOG-version of XWA. I just updated TFTC 1.2 with TFTC 1.3 and installed the update 1.3.2 on top of it. And yes, I switched to the light-side, before I did the update.

The error-reporting shows two Errors, after the game crashes:

The first one is a .NET-Runtime error:

Code: Select all

Anwendung: XWingAlliance.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: Ausnahmecode c0000005, Ausnahmeadresse 00000000
Stapel:
...note the version: 4.0.30319. After installation of TFTC, I had to install version .NET 4.8. Don't know why 4.030319 is shown in the error-log.

The second error is:

Code: Select all

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: XWingAlliance.exe, Version: 2.0.0.2, Zeitstempel: 0x3765a9b7
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x180
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8f1614481ae9f
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: E:\Games\X-Wing Alliance GOG\XWingAlliance.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: 4a987a7a-5d56-11ed-ad32-84468b5b6116

Snoopy2021
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Snoopy2021 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:23 am

According to this forum-thread, the error-code means an access-violation:
Exception code c0000005 always caused by the access denied. That means your program is accessing a memory address without the permission.
...so it's a programming-error?!

m0rgg
XWAU Member

Post by m0rgg » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:12 am

Hello,
Have you tried the latest quick fix for ddraw.dll and tgsmush.dll?

https://discord.com/channels/8519185394 ... 7641113641

Snoopy2021
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Snoopy2021 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:24 am

I just tried Beta Effects Version 2 by Blue Max's Version 2022-11-05, but unfortunately without effect. Can you please post a better link? I don't have discord...and I don't want...please: A normal download-link, clickable for everyone!

If you have trouble finding a good host, try this one. It's free and has no ads.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:07 pm

Hello,
The latest version of the TgSmush dll is here: https://github.com/JeremyAnsel/xwa_TgSm ... Smush2/zip
The latest version of the Golden DDraw is here: https://github.com/JeremyAnsel/xwa_ddraw_d3d11/releases
The latest version of the Effects DDraw is in the Downloads section.