TFTC Installed - only loading XWAU?

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

TFTC Installed - only loading XWAU?

Tusc
Recruit

Post by Tusc » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:48 pm

I put a fresh copy of XWA in, loaded XWAU and then the v4 patch before installing TFTC.

I don't see a launcher specified for TFTC nor anything with the option or a setting to flip. It's a simple question, but how do I load up into TFTC?

Tusc
Recruit

Post by Tusc » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:16 pm

I figured this one out using the PalpatineTotalConverterTFTC file.

I have3 versions of this, does it matte which one I use? 1, 2 and -R

Is it as intended in the game to see the XWA animations for door functions, etc?

Other than that, she looks good.

-- Can I change the resolution on my own somehow? Despite having a solid GFC card and all files on an ssd, the sim runs a little choppy.

-- Loving the new cockpits. But how do I reduce or eliminate the strong glare from the white buttons present in the cockpit? They are far brighter than space and any objects. I do a lot of night driving and occasional flying and over-bright indicators do NOT help you see at a distance past them. Certainly not your night vision. And, yes, I play this game in a darkened room for positive effect. For now, I simply disable the cockpit and fly by HUD.... but I feel bad giving up this level of immersion. Those buttons may have been some art studio guy's idea to be bright like that in 1977 or something and are now being emulated....? But that is no bueno here. Dim them down to Zero or swapping them to a very faint red would be perfect.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:27 pm

Watch the online tutorial about installation
https://youtu.be/7_0EW2MncZ8
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost