New Release: SBS Traquia

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

New Release: SBS Traquia

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:49 am

Been about time for something BIG

Here it is at long last! The Traquia is the biggest and baddest SoB that the ESS navy has to offer. With almost 14km length it is the undisputed champion across the ESS and rival territory. Considering crossovers I could imagine it well taking on Executor-class dreadnoughts. But enough gloating. It took me 6 years to finish this thing so I may be a little happy as well. :)

The Empire of the Seven Sun's massive flagship carries the designation 'Supreme Battleship' and that with good reason. Almost three times the size of the already legendary Warrior-class Battle Cruiser the Traquia exceeds its predecessor in practically any possible way.

Armament-wise the Traquia has upped the bar for modern weapons technology. While the number of 'normal' weapon emplacements by itself may appear close to infinite the Traquia also introduces the ESS' newly developed Omega array technology along with a full six fusion cannons.

Despite all its firepower the Traquia mainly acts as a command ship and safe harbour. Large hangar bays and docking nexuses offer space for countless vessels even up to frigate-sized capital ships, while approaching enemies are kept well at safe distance by the Traquia’s various long range weapons.

Construction of the Traquia started in 2536 UPT and was completed in late 2539. The Traquia finally entered service as the ESS’ new flagship in early 2540, after its predecessor, SBCR Warrior had been lethally damaged during the Battle of Adminis and had to be abandoned. Since then the ‘Sword of the Stars’, as some call it, is the ultimate symbol of the Empire’s quick ascension and flourish as well as its unbendable will and resolve to strike back at any aggressor.

As usual you can get this baby at your local X-Wing HQ or over at the Blue Phantom Project.

Now, get ready to drool!

Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

n8weigel
Galactic Empire

Post by n8weigel » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:58 am

Wow... That's beautiful...
"May warrior's fortune smile on our efforts." - Mitth'raw'nuruodo

FunkyFreshMan
Rebel Alliance

Post by FunkyFreshMan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:17 am

Yup...that there's pretty cool! :D
G_T, my friend, you are the master at big-mutha capital ships. Hmmm....y'know, the SSD is a big-mutha capital ship. ;) I will be content with this, however, as it is awesome! I think you deserve some accolades for finishing this long-running project!

*buys G_T a drink and gives him a big-mutha cookie* :beer:

Just out of curiosity, where did you get that planet in the first big image?
NRAF Nexus: "When Duty Calls"
Draar chayaikir batnor jetii—ancient Mandalorian proverb.
"We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode!" —Jayne Cobb, Public Relations
I'm the guy who stole your sweetroll.

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:26 am

Very nice, Vince! Glad to see you finally finished it! :)

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:53 am

FunkyFreshMan wrote:Just out of curiosity, where did you get that planet in the first big image?
I think I got it from One Point Two, if I'm not all wrong. He was around here a while back, also participated in some of the prior battles. A space artist who made some awesome visuals.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:30 am

Great job GT!
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.