WIP: Centurion V-Corvette

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

WIP: Centurion V-Corvette

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Meet the Centurion!

Starting off as a very old model I almost purged this one. Starting off as some sort of Advanced Gunboat I even imported it into optech some 5 years ago or so, but soon felt it too smalol. For a long time it went unter the working title "Omega-class Shuttle" until just recently when I fleshed out the interior and rediscovered my love for this one. Now, finally, I've taken it a step further.
With the recently released GT-5000 Series plus the Delta TX-1 Yacht and Serpent Gunship still in the works I'm having a series of medium sized transport coming together, each somewhat distinguishable by design. So, this one I renamed Centurion and made it the GT-series' pendant as Assault Transport in the Cophuranee Navy, falling in line with ships like the XT-100 Viper, the Patriot Frigate and the Inferno and Praetorian cruisers.

The Centurion is a bulky and heavily armored assault transport capable to transport and deploy half a battalion of troops in enemy territory. Whereas the Shicon's GT-series' focus lies in high velocity and in parts stealth engagement, the Centurion is designed to punch through anything that is thrown at it. While its extensive offensive and defensive weaponry deal out large amounts of damage, powerful shields and armor plating allow it to withstand severe punishment.

And as with the GT-series I might take this a tad further .....

Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Very nice, I like the topside turret - looks like a handle!
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 am

Hmmm I think the Empire could use this as their new "Assault Transport" opt. ;-) Looking great.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

hangarbay94
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by hangarbay94 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Really great idea, I really like the frosting on the cockpit windows, a nice touch.