New @Space Engineers: Praetorian-class Carrier

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

New @Space Engineers: Praetorian-class Carrier

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 pm

OK, been fiddling around with this one for ages. Time to get it out!
Feed_Release_SE.jpg
Praetorian-class Carrier

The bulky Praetorian is a sturdy and powerful vessel. Originally designed as a heavy duty freighter, it was soon repurposed to serve as carrier or command cruiser within the KCL's Corporate Forces. Being a non-military-sanctioned commission the Praetorian is also found in less populated sectors, serving local militia forces as mobile base of operations.

Thanks to its large hangar and adjacent maintenance bay, the Praetorian can carry and maintain a large complement of fighters and utility vehicles. Its weaponry is comprised of a number of heavy cannons as well as a large number of defensive point defense turrets.

Origin & development
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This build is a 1:3 scaled replica of my original version for X-Wing Alliance. Slight modifications have been made to benefit its use in Space Enginers. I've added the rear hangar entrance and greatly increased the number of weapons. The ship was originally designated as a dreadnought however, I've tweaked some of its origin story over the years and, as it's a non-military vessel, labeled it a carrier instead. The bridge is something I had originally built for the XWA model but scrapped before release becaus I couldn‘t get it to look good. May go back and add this one to the original ....

Features
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ Fully connected and pressurized, survival-ready-ish (if you get the mats together)
+ Lockdown mechanics for all critical areas
+ Full Red Alert & General Lockdown system
+ 4 Airlocks with pressurization mechanics
+ Fully airtight hangar Airlock system with 2 gates front & back
+ Numerous collectors and connectors inside and outside the hangar
+ Auto-Repair system in critical areas
+ Various Display scripts and timer presets

Downloads
- You can get the current version for XWA HERE
- You can get it from the for Space Engineers via the Steam Workshop HERE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:46 am

WOW! Nice job, G_T!
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:04 am