Exploring an old model

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

Exploring an old model

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:12 pm

Anybody remember This thread?
Strange story that one. A luxurious 4-story penthouse I remembered from a dream I had and later turned into a skyscraper to be located within the Downtown area of the Bricera City setting.

Work on that particular setting has eventually come to a halt for the time being, owed to the rediculous amount of building models such a setting would actually require and other works taking priority. Well, guess what ...
9 years later: Enter Space Engineers. Finally I can walk around the place like I dreamt so long ago. And bloody hell it turned out just the way I imagined it!
ShiconDynamicsHQ_Comparison1.jpg
ShiconDynamicsHQ_Comparison2.jpg
ShiconDynamicsHQ_Comparison3.jpg
The penthouse consists of various open areas as well as separate rooms. The upper levels are generally considered private while the lower floros are for general reception, partying and posterity.
I still need to add actual details like furniture to those areas.

The tower stands about 380 meters tall and consists of a two grid: A large grid for the tower structure and a small grid for the penthouse for more detail.
The tower itself has 25 high-ceiling stories and the penthouse 4, with another maintenance floor inbetween the two. Other features are
- A general visitor lobby at ground level
- General use Landing pads just above ground level.
- An underground parking garage
- A separated managent floor with board room and CEO's office
- A highrise landing pad and hangar for high profile visitors
- A secret underground hangar for the Black Scorpion
- Various Spotlights painting the facade at nighttimes

Location wise I found a very intriguing spot, a small hil located on a thin stretch of land between two mountain lakes.

I plan to release this creation on my steam workshop, along with the world setting I placed it in. Right now the undground hangar still needs some work and I want to flesh out a few more details before releasing it. I'll post a few more screenshots in a bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Some interior shots of the penthouse:

The front lawn
SDHQ_Penthouse1.jpg
The Entrance lobby
SDHQ_Penthouse2.jpg
SDHQ_Penthouse3.jpg
3rd Floor Recreation
SDHQ_Penthouse4.jpg
SDHQ_Penthouse5.jpg
Front balcony
SDHQ_Penthouse7.jpg
Stairs to private quarters
SDHQ_Penthouse6.jpg
Private rear balcony
SDHQ_Penthouse8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

labc133
Cadet 1st Class

Post by labc133 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:25 pm

This is gorgeous!

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:09 am

Very nice. You should take up architecture profession.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.