State of the Project

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

State of the Project

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Been somewhat quiet around the Blue Phantom Project for a while. With me focusing on various XWAU models, rewriting the lore and remaking or redesigning more than half of the already finished BPC OPTs, the overall project itself has been somewhat stagnant. I plan on changing that.

Some of you may have noticed that most of the priorly available Blue Phantom models are not available since the website relaunch, as well as all the lore content. The reason for this was basically "just" me wanting to update all the readme files before reuploading the models - and simply getting carried away as well as caught up with other projects, as mentioned above. I'm in no way happy with that situation and decided to do something about it.

1) I intend to have most of the lore content back online. There may be placeholder images and article stubs but I want to have the raw struckture done by christmas.
2) For those OPTs undergoing HD remakes or redesigns I will create and release interim updates. These will have the same models as before, but I'll merge and optimize some of the textures, add LODs as well as .mat and .ini files.

I'm adamant to get this baby back on track and up to speed again. Expect to hear more on this in the weeks and months to come. :)

That's all for now, now go out there and have fun!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear