Story excerpt: The Dhilon masacre

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

Story excerpt: The Dhilon masacre

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:51 pm

I think some of you know that my TBP project is based on a book, which I'm writing on.
However, there's one loose scene that hasn't been implemented in the main course of the story yet. So I just decided to translate it and show it to the world - some light literature :D

///////////

Jarris stared out of the large viewport – at the furious battle that was raging outside. Space was filled with blue and red lances of energy twitching around. The Dhilani fighters still outnumbering them clearly. But due to their lack of missile technology, they were no real match for the UPMF fighters. The smaller assault craft and frigates had solved from the main group and were bombarding the many defense sites and hangars on the ground, while the heavy Phoenix and Inferno class cruisers slammed devastating broadsides against the advancing Dhilani capital ships. The Warrior remained relatively untouched, except for a few fighters, that managed to break through its defense ring.
With a grim expression he regarded the steep valley, in and under which Dhalarona Prime – Dhilon’s capital was settled. Hate rose in him – a cold fire burned in his soul. The Dhilani would never forget the day when they had challenged him – if there are any of them left at all!
He shuddered. Had he just thought this? He shook his head. These thoughts could impossibly have been his. He looked around. Nothing unnormal. He was alone, standing at the large bridge window. Trageton was sitting in his command chair analysing some sensor data. He looked out again. Dhalarona Prime was right before them – maybe thousand klicks away. A perfect target! He winced. there it was again – like a voice inside his head. Was he going insane? NO! That was most likely just the stress. He hadn’t led a battle for years now – and never one of this magnitude. This was entirely the Dhilani’s fault! They had brought sorrow and death to the galaxy! They had kidnapped Shiromy! They had killed Tarlon! They had challenged him! They were the true indebted! They would be punished for all their deeds!
He turned around. “Tell all our ships to retreat!” he ordered harshly. “They are to regroup in the planet’s orbit!” Trageton rose one eye brow and looked at him suprisedly. Then he nodded silently.
“Attention all ships! Retreat! Captain, full throtle astern!” Then he looked at Jarris again. “What are you up to?”
Jarris turned back to the window and his face turned even darker. “I will finish this!” he said slowly. Beyond the bridge windows the city of the Dhilani grew smaller. Some enemy fighters followed them, but were held back by their own. Jarris waited.

When they reached the atmosphere Jarris suddenly ordered “Stop!” Vince nodded and gave Captain Blexton a sign.
“Captain, all engines stop! Engage rear brake nozzels!” Vince waited until they had come to a full stop. There was an iced tention lasting on the command bridge. Vince shuddered of cold. He stood up and went to the railing. He looked down at Jarris, who was standing movelessly at the large viewport. There was something strange about his him. Vince waited.[BR]“Platon, lock Dhalarona Prime with the fusion cannon and prepare to fire! Maximum power!” Vince winced. He hadn’t expected that. There was a great silence on the bridge. They all were glancing like frozen at Jarris. Even Vince was stunned.
“… Mylord …” Artillery officer Platon mumbled. The overlord whirled around.
“This was an order, Platon!” Jarris’ voice was cold as ice. Vince managed to overcome his stiff. Within a second he was down besides Jarris.
“What is it?” he asked and stared at him. Jarris didn’t answer his view, but glanced at the artillery officer.
“Jarris, we have destroyed all their military installations! Don’t you think this is exaggerated?”
But Jarris ignored him. “Lieutenant Platon, I have given you a direct order!”
“Y…yes, Mylord!”
His friend turned to the bridge window again, without taking notice of him.
“Remember what they have done to the galaxy!” Jarris suddenly said, still staring out of the viewport. “Remember what they did to your family!” Vince shuddered. With these memories coming up he felt anger burn in him. NO! He could not allow himself to be taken the view for reality! He tried to suppress his anger. It was over! Tyleea was dead! She herself had been responsible for the death of his family. There was no more sense to be angry. Those screams in his head had gone.
“Jarris, it is over!” he tried to persuade the Overlord. “The Dhilani been defeated for good. They are no longer a threat to the galaxy!”
“Do you believe this makes all those live again, who have died by their hands?” Jarris now looked at him. Furious anger was burning in his eyes.
“No, it doesn’t. But to extingwuish Dhalarona Prime will only add billions more to them.” He grabbed Jarris’ shoulder. “Jarris, this is madness!”[BR]“Madness?” Jarris snarled. “How long do you think will it take the Dhilani to rebuild their forces? They are organized perfectly. It won’t be long until their fleet is just as big as before – maybe even bigger! We haven’t seen their true potential yet! But without intact governmeht they will fall appart and decline. Their occupied planets will be helpless! This will be our chance to relief them and abolish the Dhilani threat to the galaxy once and for all!”
Vince made a step back. Something similar had come out of his mouth hours ago, when talking to Admiral Firkis. He glanced at Jarris. Wasn’t this what he himself desired in his deepest soul? Extinguish the Dhilani threat and free all those conquered planets? He felt Jarris’ hand on his shoulder. Jarris voice was suddenly warm – almost comforting. “Vince, this is the best for the galaxy!”
Vince made another step back. Inside his head he heared Admiral Cervis’ voice. Don’t do what you consider as the best! Do what you consider as right!
“Don’t do it, Jarris!”
Jarris’ face became hard again. With a sudden movement he pushed Vince away. Vince tumbled and fell to the enourmous force of that push.
“Fire!”
Vince rose again uneasily. Like in time freeze he looked over to Platon, then to Jarris, then out of the viewport. The mighty cannon on the Warrior’s bow began to glow. Then a thick white beam solved from the cannon and cut through the atmosphere. It bored right into the city valley, but caused just a relatively small explosion. His sharpened Cha-Lynh eyes watched as the fireball dissolved slowly. Then the area seemed to inflate like a giant bubble. White glowing splits emerged, where the beam had hit the ground and large pieces just broke off. A moment later the whole area bursted in one great white fireball that spread many kilometers across the land.
With horror Vince watched several Dhilani ships trying in vain to escape the inferno. It was a massacre.
While he was paralysed staring out of the viewport, he felt something change in Jarris. Suddenly he was familiar to him again. The overlord began to tremble.
“What have I done?”

It's not a literary masterpiece, I know :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:19 pm

:p
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:07 am

I'm sure you don't want me to post all 160 pages, do you? :p

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:51 am

go ahead ;)

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:41 am

Cool, plus I've finally found someone who shares my passion for writing long stories! :)
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

TK-204
Lieutenant

Post by TK-204 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:22 pm

Please upload it somewhere ZIP-ed! I'd love to read the rest (in english!)! :)
<I>Så ska de ne genast stekas<BR>Som de en gång stekte oss<BR>De ska saltas de ska kokas<BR>Köttet skall flanga från benen loss!</I>

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:45 pm

Call me a loser, but I used to be into younger anime, so I wrote a Digimon-Star Wars crossover. it was rather wierd. I kinda breezed through it, so I stopped at 63 pages, but I can go longer.<P>And yes, I love it and I want to read it in English!<P>Is there a backstory written somewhere? Or is it in the 160 pages?<p>[ 04 February 2003: Message edited by: Draco429 ]
Eclipse

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:35 pm

It's within the 160 pages.<P>Actually it's two books - one with 130 and the other one, I'm still working on - about 30 so far.<P>Oh, and I actually started it as some kind of Lion King-Star Wars-Alien-And-What-not-crossover-parody about six years ago :D<P>It was a loooong way from the beginnings until now :D

Jedi_knight
Lieutenant

Post by Jedi_knight » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:39 pm

hmmm i c
Now you will see why evil always truimphs over good, because good is dumb - Dark Helmet

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:20 pm

Great, if I had a critasism it'd be that the translation shows.<P>If you do the whole book it'd be worth running though it with a fine tooth comb.<P>Still, Wow.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:48 pm

I know - I hate these free translation services, but my english knowledge is not as good as that I could translate things like this without them.<P>They also only give you a incredibly poor repartoire of different expressions(1 on 1, argh!)<p>[ 05 February 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:23 pm

'sokay! :D<P>At least yours is interesting. No one wants to read a Digimon-Star Wars crossover, no one except a Digimon-Star Wars fan. (If there are any in the building, please stand).<p>[ 05 February 2003: Message edited by: Draco429 ]
Eclipse

TonyV
Ensign

Post by TonyV » Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:15 am

I've always wanted to write a starwars book, where Thrawn is recloned yet again, and he creates a Super Eclipse Star Destroyer and goes and blows up Imperial Center.........or as you rebels say......Corescant.
"Wow thats beautiful.....So when do we blow it up?"<P>GH: You just killed an unarmed man!<P>CE: Well, he should have armed himself.<P>(Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood)-Unforgiven