Victory Mk2 Upgrade

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

Victory Mk2 Upgrade

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:18 pm

OK, for some of you it's probably known that I've been planning and working on updating some of the older XWA-releases, e.g. the Dragonfly or the Viper, so they come as fully featured OPTs with cockpit and exterior model.<P>In this course I took a few hours time doing some work on the old Victory Mk2 Fighter. Released in 2004 with some minor updates lateron, I figured this ship doesn't match my quality standards anymore. So I've decided to upgrade it. It will mainly be a texture upgrade, but I think that'll already do a proper job in improving the look of it.<P>Here's a little preview of, so far, two of the four available Flightgroup colors with the older versions on the left. I'm not completely happy with the other two yet, but I'm convinced I'll dig up something nice ;).<P> Image<p>[ 19 February 2008: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:20 pm

I thought you were talking about the SD for a second :D Looks impressive.

DTM

Post by DTM » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Come'on Darklord...VSD doesn't need upgrade, it's so perfect as it is now!<P>Nice new look GT! It's a "Need For Speed" fighter!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Not sure about the mottled Green but otherwise looking good :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General_Trageton:<BR><STRONG>Here's a comparison of, so far, the red and green FG version. I'm not completely happy with Yellow and blue yet, so there won't be any previews of those for now.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The picture shows blue and green, not red and green. :)<P>Looks nice, especially the new wing and fuselage textures. :)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darksaber:<BR><STRONG>Not sure about the mottled Green but otherwise looking good :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The old one was mottled, not the new one. :)<p>[ 19 February 2008: Message edited by: General Edor Crespin ]
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:47 pm

@DTM<BR>well thats what I thought which was why it took me by surprise :D

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:56 pm

@GEC, sorry my bad explaining, the thing is: The red FG color will most likely be that blue tone as you see in the pic.<P>So far the markings were rather speciffic for certain Squadrons:<BR>Red: Blue - Phantom Squadron<BR>Yellow: Red + Flames - Phoenix Squadron<BR>Blue: Stealth - Shadow Squadron<BR>Green: green scales - Viper Squadron<P>With the new version I might go for something more generic (except Phantom Squadron):<BR>Red: Sort of red markings<BR>Yellow: yellow or black markings? :D<BR>Blue: Blue Markings, Phantom Squadron<BR>Green: Generic Green Markings.<p>[ 19 February 2008: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

squarehead93
Bounty Hunter

Post by squarehead93 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:59 pm

Looks good. Any constructive criticism I might have said has already been said.<p>[ 19 February 2008: Message edited by: squarehead93 ]
Wielder of The Spatula

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 pm

OK, I modified the text in the first post, that'll make things a bit clearer :)

FellSkyhawk
Cadet 1st Class

Post by FellSkyhawk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 am

Sweet.
\/'
(>{}{}{]}H[]{=======Fell Skyhawk==========-

Never give up on a friend, never surrender to an enemy.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General_Trageton:<BR><STRONG>@GEC, sorry my bad explaining, the thing is: The red FG color will most likely be that blue tone as you see in the pic.<P>So far the markings were rather speciffic for certain Squadrons:<BR>Red: Blue - Phantom Squadron<BR>Yellow: Red + Flames - Phoenix Squadron<BR>Blue: Stealth - Shadow Squadron<BR>Green: green scales - Viper Squadron<P>With the new version I might go for something more generic (except Phantom Squadron):<BR>Red: Sort of red markings<BR>Yellow: yellow or black markings? :)<P>How about yellow AND black? ;)
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:31 am

Tiger pattern :D