WIP: TFTC: Imperial Hangar

Where the bad guys get their gear! Check here for updates on the Blue Phantom Project or awesome new star destroyer designs!

Re: IMPERIAL HANGAR Ready for BETA Testing!

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:06 pm

Umm, EXCUSE me, but, as the spearhead for this project and master organizer of all things TF conversion related, I do believe I would qualify as someone who should beta test? Hmmmm? Anyone here disagree? Didn't think so. :D <P>osmoot@aol.com
Am I supposed to put something witty here?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:22 pm

You maybe converting most the missions but who put the idea into your head in the first place?<P><A HREF="http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ubbcgi/ultima ... 1&t=002963" TARGET=_blank>Talking about Missions, Campaigns</A><P>Remember this!!!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:50 pm

@ods: I had started work on the model before the TFTC thought came up. However I agreed to contribute it to the TC, but that doesn't make me dependant of it yet.<P>However I'll be so kind and send you a copy! :p<p>[ 10 February 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:32 am

Holy Shit people it was a joke!<P>Jeez, a guy can't show even a teensy bit of ego around here without getting his balls immediately hacked off. I was just doing a little posturing, that's all. I know it wasn't my idea.<P>It's called a sense of humor, y'all need to go and get one. :p

Master Qui-Gon
XWAU Member

Post by Master Qui-Gon » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:31 am

Me Too....I'd like to check that out also may I ?
Your focus determines your reality.

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:31 am

I would be honored to test it. <P>draco429@earthlink.net
Eclipse

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:13 am

Verification download? What the?<P>Alright, I'll try again - the others I sent it to, do you have the same problem?

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:32 am

No Worries Mate! I got your email with attachment and I've taken a good look at your hangar and here's my feedback:<P>1) It kicks ass. Job well done!<P>Some things I noticed that I wanted to bring to your attention (most of these I'm sure you're already aware of):<P>1) No TIE opts in ceiling racks. Is it just because it's beta?<P>2) X-Wing still not properly centered over elevator, fixable or will it screw everything up?<P>3) Floor Textures. Very good but a bit blurry. Maybe sharpen them up a bit? Make the dots on the floor that are supposed to be lights self-illuminated maybe?<P>4) The hangar across the bay - too well lit? Perhaps only illuminate some textures in it rather than the whole thing? Also perhaps sharpen up the textures?<P>5) Main Bay - is it supposed to have nothing in it (like cranes or various outcroppings on the walls?) - just asking 'cause I don't know.<P>Other than those few minor points I noticed it's amazing! That is a thouroughly superior job you've done!

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:02 am

1) No TIE opts in ceiling racks. Is it just because it's beta?<P>- Exactly<P>2) X-Wing still not properly centered over elevator, fixable or will it screw everything up?<P>- Not sure, there's a rack standing a the outer right edge behind the shutle. It's standing right 'in' the wall but still doesn't poke through the wall. If I move the whole thing, it will.<P>3) Floor Textures. Very good but a bit blurry. Maybe sharpen them up a bit? Make the dots on the floor that are supposed to be lights self-illuminated maybe?<P>- They are self iluminated. However I can make them smaller - they're currently 2x2 pixels.<P>4) The hangar across the bay - too well lit? Perhaps only illuminate some textures in it rather than the whole thing? Also perhaps sharpen up the textures?<P>- I'll have a look of this.<P>5) Main Bay - is it supposed to have nothing in it (like cranes or various outcroppings on the walls?) - just asking 'cause I don't know.<P>- Not sure yet - I wanted to make the exterior as simple as possible.<p>[ 11 February 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

TK-204
Lieutenant

Post by TK-204 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:21 am

I'd like to check it! Please! :) :)<P>quayonge.debussy@keyaccess.nl
<I>Så ska de ne genast stekas<BR>Som de en gång stekte oss<BR>De ska saltas de ska kokas<BR>Köttet skall flanga från benen loss!</I>

Specter
Lieutenant JG

Post by Specter » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:35 am

Nice! Beta report coming soon! :)

Desert_Fox
Ensign

Post by Desert_Fox » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:36 pm

i love it, now i have to go make some imp missions to tide me over till the TF conversion comes out. The only major gripe i have is the shuttle looking like it'll crash through the outer hanger wall when it launches, but i don't think you can fix that (you said so in the other post i think).
We all need some therapy, because somebody came along and said 'liberal' means soft on crime, soft on drugs, soft on Communism, soft on defense, and we're gonna tax you back to the Stone Age because people shouldn't have to go to work if they don't want to. And instead of saying 'Well, excuse me, you right-wing, reactionary, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-eductaion, anti-choice, pro-gun, "Leave it to Beaver" trip back to the fifties,' we cowered in the corner and said 'Please, don't hurt me.' No more. I really don't care who's right, who's wrong. We're both right. We're both wrong. Let's have two parties, huh? What do you say?"

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:21 pm

No I can't. If you look at the hangar in OPT Viewer or whatever you'll see that I've moved the hangar to the very left of the bay, so you won't actually see the shutle going through the wall - that's all I could do. :(<P>@TK, sorry, haven't got to send it to you yet - you're the last one. All others will have to wait for the final release! :D

Draco429
Commander

Post by Draco429 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:17 pm

Aww... :(
Eclipse

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General_Trageton:<BR><STRONG>No I can't. If you look at the hangar in OPT Viewer or whatever you'll see that I've moved the hangar to the very left of the bay, <B>so you won't actually see the shuttle going through the wall - that's all I could do.</B> :(</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Yes it does! :D and it can be solved
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Admiral Alistair
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Admiral Alistair » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:02 am

Vince if you get the chance I'd love a copy as well :) aligold@katanalegion.com
Admiral Alistair

TK-204
Lieutenant

Post by TK-204 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:42 am

Vince, thanks for mailing me :) But I think you forgot the attachment :(
<I>Så ska de ne genast stekas<BR>Som de en gång stekte oss<BR>De ska saltas de ska kokas<BR>Köttet skall flanga från benen loss!</I>

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:33 am

@TK ... What the?<BR>@Darksaber, did you ever think about becoming more precise? :D I'm pleased to hear that it can be solved, but I'd also like to know <B>how</B> it can be solved.<P>Please tell me in case I unwillingly have missed one of your posts or such :D. However, If there's a way that doesn't include removing the ISD bay or cracking around in the EXE, let me know!<p>[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Cpt. Reaves
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cpt. Reaves » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:09 pm

I would like to give it try if you don't mind. My e-mail is yo_daddy_fu@hotmail.com Keep up the great work. The hangar looks jaw-dropping, amazing!
- Captain Ben "Talon" Reaves

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:42 pm

I'm sorry, but the list has inofficially already been closed. TK was the last one to get this.<P>If I don't receive too much bad critics, the <B>main release</B> will follow shortly so you all can download it.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:13 pm

Check you email you might find it interesting
- John Lydgate

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:27 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm, indeed!<p>[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

WarHawk107
Ensign

Post by WarHawk107 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:58 am

Indeed it is...

ods
Ensign

Post by ods » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:34 am

Sooooo....what's interesting?<P>You gonna share with the rest of the world?

xwanet
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by xwanet » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:19 am

General it looks great <P>=]
Xwingalliance.net <BR>Manager