[MOD] "Sleek" Millenium Falcon and YT-1300 Model

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

[MOD] "Sleek" Millenium Falcon and YT-1300 Model

d3rt13n
Recruit

Post by d3rt13n » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:34 am

Hello there,

For those who, like me, are not fan of the 'fat-ish' Revell exterior model of the Millenium Falcon and its less deadly sibling, the YT-1300, this mod is for you.

You can download both models and drop them into the following folder agreeing to overwrite both files:

C:\Games\star wars - x-wing alliance\FlightModels

Their names are: MillenniumFalcon2.opt and CORELLIANTRANSPORT2

There are some screenshots in attachment.

Enjoy.

You can download the rar file here:

https://easyupload.io/al1i9y

Link will expire in 30 days alas, so feel free to distribute.

Oh, before I forget: Credit for the model goes to the original author, I just used OPtech 2 to 'squash' the models a bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by d3rt13n on Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkblue
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Darkblue » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:44 pm

Hi,

I like this, but I have downloaded it and copied to FlightModels (done a backup of the existing files), but in-game I still see the same models as always. Maybe it is me, but are you sure that the opts in the linked file are not the "normal/fat" ones?

Thanks!

d3rt13n
Recruit

Post by d3rt13n » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:38 pm

If you load up both files, the ones you backed up and mine into OPtech 2.0 you will see it immediately.

Here are some screens from the loaded opts in optech 2, the tool you can also download from the downloads section of this website using the XwaToolsDownloader.

Use this model one only when playing the TFTC as a pilot for the empire or flying the rebel craft, since it is meant for AI use only. There is no cockpit on the ones I put up.

imghost

Also as a reference some movie stills that show a sleek falcon.

Hope this helps.

d3rt13n
Recruit

Post by d3rt13n » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:44 pm

To anyone who is familiar with creating OPTS

There is a small bug that I cannot seem to get rid of which did not present itself in Xwing VS Tie Fighter, the game I created this opt for. The texture and mesh of the torpedo launcher where the escape capsule used to bee rotates at random. I have tried to remove this rotation, but I don't know how to accomplish this.
Since it is deep between the two mandibles it is not really very disturbing or visible that well.

If anyone here who is more knowledgeable about OpTech and opts in general could help me out to solve this problem or any other issues this opt might have, I would be very grateful.
Thank you.

Darkblue
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Darkblue » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Thanks! I think that it was because I only tested it as player craft... I'll check in AI players.

Tx.

Rebelyell
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Rebelyell » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:22 am

Is this opt still available somewhere?

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:47 am

Any youtube video about this model ? I' am curious to see this ship from inside.