ISD Docking/pickup distance

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

ISD Docking/pickup distance

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:23 am

I remember in the vanilla game, there's some sort of mission where an ISD picks up a corvette like in episode 4 and it fits perfectly in the hangar bay. It seems that somewhere along the way someone might have edited the model so other cap ships can actually target it, but I feel it might have affected the distance the ISD grabs objects at, currently the corvette hangs well below the hangar area with the newer XWAUpgrade/DSUCP model.

Thoughts?

P.S. Specifically tested with ISDII
Image Image Image Image Image

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:56 am

Any idea what mission it is? thanks
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 am

There is the mission in TF in which the corvette vorknkx escape into the Glory. To make it work under Dsucp 2.6 I have to rise the altitude of the ISD of 1 klick and up the speed of the corvette.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:53 am

As for the vanilla XWA mission, no. I could be remembering it wrong. But creating that scenario in allied produces consistent results. Its not a big deal but, i was just curious if it was like a known trade off for updating the opt.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:20 pm

@capitanguinea There is no need to raise the actual opt, the Hardpoints just need to be moved slightly on the corvette.

@ual002 No I didn't know the docking had altered, I used the same positioning on the new opts as the old opt's, I assumed the docking would be the same.

Without a test mission I can not alter the opts, as I'm no mission maker, if someone could recreate the scenario in Allied and send me the mission I could then alter the opts

All that the test mission would need is a fighter to view the docking an ISD (doesn't matter which 1 or 2 as the hardpoints are the same) and of course the corvette, I have no idea how to recreate the docking action
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:31 pm

ok, to be clear

do you want corvette enter ISD hangar?
do you want ISD dock the corvette in a capture boarding action?
do you want ISD docke the corvette in a single boarding action?
which one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by capitanguinea on Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 pm

I'll throw something together, but I've got some cosplay shit to do today. In the mean time the scenario is a disabled cr90 corvette, and an isd(2) set to "pickup/bag" said corvette and cary for rest of mission just in case cap there want's to try it.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:54 pm

I don't really care what it does, as long as it ends up docked to the ISD and remains there, it's just a simple ISD comes along docks with the corvette, and says there, no firing on other craft just static! It doesn't have to have loads of different orders, as simple as possible

1x Fighter so I can look at the ISD and corvette
1x ISD to dock with corvette
1x Corvette to be docked with ISD
- John Lydgate

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:04 pm

Check the .zip attachment then ^^ the mission is there for you.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:51 pm

I would caution about a little thing, you must be warned about the problem of spacing: you must set it lower value possible, or ship would overshot hangar entering it, arriving for exemple in the dorsal side of the ISD then turning and disappearing. I tryed a lot about this estetical problem and never found another solution 'cept this one.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:47 pm

I dunno, the ISD doesn't stay where it is after docking, it docks then rises above the Corvette. it needs to stay in a static position after docking!

Perhaps docking is the wrong order, I haven't the foggiest
- John Lydgate

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:26 am

The order is not board to (anything), its "pickup/bag". I'm away from pc at the moment though.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:14 am

Thanks ual002 I'll wait for your mission
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:25 am

Hello,
Here is a test mission:
temp.zip

The mission has 1 X-Wing, 1 Corvette, 1 ISD.
The ISD has order to pick up the Corvette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:29 pm

The mission in X-Wing Alliance where ISDII Avenger "picks up" CRV Razor is B4M6 (1b4m6b.tie).
The order "Pick up/Bag CRV Razor" is order 1 in Region #2.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks Jeremy :)

Ok I've fixed and updated the Docking hardpoints on the Corvettes, and the EXE installer can be downloaded from the download page.

I altered Jeremy's test mission to add a bit of light to the craft and rearrange the craft a little

You can download that below
ISD_CRV_DockingTest.rar

The ISD's I've also updated the docking hardpoints, but I haven't got around to updating the installers for those but you can download the updated ISD's below, just extract copy and paste to your flightmodels folder
Updated_ISD_1and2_2019_04_29.rar
- John Lydgate

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:29 pm

So it was a combo of both the corvette and ISD docking hardpoints. Interesting.

If interested I have that additional ISDII damage skin in that WIP thread if you want it.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:06 am

So what was the problem exactly?

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:49 am

Darksaber wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:10 pm
Thanks Jeremy :)

Ok I've fixed and updated the Docking hardpoints on the Corvettes, and the EXE installer can be downloaded from the download page.

I altered Jeremy's test mission to add a bit of light to the craft and rearrange the craft a little

You can download that below
ISD_CRV_DockingTest.rar

The ISD's I've also updated the docking hardpoints, but I haven't got around to updating the installers for those but you can download the updated ISD's below, just extract copy and paste to your flightmodels folder
Updated_ISD_1and2_2019_04_29.rar
Corvettev2.0.exe file? Is it this?