YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: YOGEME by JaggedFel

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:14 am

So I did a fresh install of XWA and a fresh download of YOGEME. However my issue persists.
Convert.png

You can see how it appears like everything is off by one when looking at waypoints.

I've tried this with both the CD version and the GoG verison of the game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:26 am

@the_stag, it's definitely not the game, that wouldn't have anything to do with how the Converter works. I apparently broke the waypoints back in 2020 while fixing the ShipType indexes, but I might've been messing with Platform/YOGEME at the same time which caused me to believe something wasn't loading right. The Converter and Platform/YOGEME routines are completely independent, which some day I'll rectify.

I've posted a new release of the Converter, and that is bringing over the waypoints properly and has the correct ShipType. Drop it into your YOGEME directory and you should be all set, later YOGEME releases will have the new version with it.
Last edited by JaggedFel on Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:56 am

@AngeI, it's definitely reading the BMP properly, but what you sent me is called "Licons.bmp", and it should be "Licon.bmp". The CMB gets the "S", but not the BMP.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:56 am

@JaggedFel Awesome! I downloaded that and it fixed the waypoint problem right up. It also appears to have fixed the craftlist issue. However, a new issue has been introduced. For some (most?) craft, it seems their their Order 3 is corrupt. If I select a craft, sometime I'll get the error regardless of where I am (Flight Groups, Arr/Dep, etc). For others it only happens when I go to the Orders tab. If I'm on the orders tab, and select another Flight Group, it shows me this:
Error.png
The "InvalidArgument=Value of 'xxx'" is not always 116, it varies. I've attached the detailed output of the error to this post. You can see that the first argument of Primary Target is blank, I'm sure that's the culprit. If I click continue, it auto selects the first order, and if I try and manually select Order 3, I just get the same error again. I've tried copy and pasting a correct Hold Steady order in, but it errors out before I can do anything.

Also, I meant to mention this earlier and forgot: The briefings aren't coming over quite right either. I realize that there will need to be some manual adjustment to get it to work right with the different icon sizes and the different map size ratios (so it seems). But the timings are off which are some of the hardest things to get back in order and timed right.

I truly appreciate everything you're doing for YOGEME, and please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:30 am

Doh, that did it, thanks @JaggedFel!

But of course I have another question for you. With the map briefings, in AlliED, you can just move any pre-existing icons and text tags to any position you like (not talking about animating, just setting their position) but you can't seem to do this in Yogeme. Would it be possible to allow this (unless I missed something)? I find it much easier from a usability point of view to be able to move tags around rather than going back and forth to adjust coordinates in the instructions list.

Also when I place a new text tag or icon, it never corresponds to where my mouse cursor is, its always off to the side and down by quite a distance.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:43 pm

@the_stag, can you post the mission you're trying to convert? I need to know where that value is coming from, first.
AngeI wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:30 am
With the map briefings, in AlliED, you can just move any pre-existing icons and text tags to any position you like (not talking about animating, just setting their position) but you can't seem to do this in Yogeme.
Just redo the Icon/Tag command, YOGEME will update the event at the current time code instead of creating a new one.
Also when I place a new text tag or icon, it never corresponds to where my mouse cursor is, its always off to the side and down by quite a distance.
That's intentional; your mouse sets the coordinate and for ship icons that's the center, while text tags are defined by the top left.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:17 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:43 pm
@the_stag, can you post the mission you're trying to convert? I need to know where that value is coming from, first.
Here you go. The mission I was working with is 01. I've included 02 as well in case you want to see something else, but they both create the same issues.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:59 am

@the_stag, yeah I accidentally commented out an extra line that I shouldn't have, so the waypoints were bleeding into the order details for O3. Posted v1.7.1 with the fix.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:30 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:59 am
@the_stag, yeah I accidentally commented out an extra line that I shouldn't have, so the waypoints were bleeding into the order details for O3. Posted v1.7.1 with the fix.
Oh man, that's the worst. I hate it when that happens. :kopfwand:
Thanks for the hard work. It's truly appreciated.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:44 am

Went back through the thread and collected all of the "to-dos" and questions, there were a couple that I missed so I'll see how much I can get done this week.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:36 pm

Damn, I wish my attention was on XWA recently, I could do some more YOGME testing and send you more bug reports and feature requests.

Been learning 3DM, making models for Jedi Academy, and honestly I think I'm getting pretty comfortable with blender. The models aren't too bad either. But I digress. I need to circle back to XWA and test all these new ddraw and dll features and make a few test missions with Yogme to see what improvements you've made soon.
Image Image Image Image Image

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:14 pm

Hey, can you clarify a little how region jump waypoints are supposed to be displayed? I was wanting to tidy up some waypoint and hyperspace timing issues which has a fleet of freighters go from Region 1, to 2 and then 3. But I noticed a difference between AlliED and Yogeme in how it portrays the hyperspace exit vector, so maybe I'm missing something. Below is a screenshot of the fleets first waypoint coming out of hyperspace using a hyper buoy from Region 1 to 2. In AlliED this is represented by a white line coming from the hyperbuoy instead of the ship and waypoint 1 is used for its co-ords. As shown below:
allied.jpg
But in Yogeme, this doesn't seem to happen, instead Waypoint 1 shows all ships vector points aligned to the center (because in this case Waypoint 1 is aligned to 0,0,0).
yogeme.jpg
I've also noticed the ships positions in the maps are quite different. In Yogeme its just above the backdrops position and far ahead of the hyperbuoy but in AlliED they are crowded around the hyperbuoy from their expected exit point. Whats going on here? I ask because it makes waypoint/ship direction planning difficult in Yogeme as a result right now.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:50 pm

Looked at it real quick last night (emergency trip out of town, just got back), and it looks like the WPs are displayed the same, but YOGEME's always drawing the ship at SP1 in the other regions, not adjusting for the Depart Hyper. Granted, I was using 1B0M1FW so that's not the busiest mission to get a look at, but right now I think the biggest point will be to get the exit location in the non-starting region shown properly.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:08 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:44 am
Went back through the thread and collected all of the "to-dos" and questions, there were a couple that I missed so I'll see how much I can get done this week.
I've got one more...
First off, thanks for the great work on fixing the conversion tool. It's so much better now I can't even begin to think about the time I spent before doing manual waypoint conversions, among the other things. But I'm still having an issue with Ship types being one off. However not in the orders, but in the arrival/departures and messages.

I'm also having some troubles with the briefing conversions... but I'm not sure if that's something that can be fixed easily. Or at all.

Thanks again!

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:30 pm

I just realized that global goals are also off by one slot as well. Hope that helps.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:11 pm

the_stag wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:30 pm
I just realized that global goals are also off by one slot as well. Hope that helps.
Okay, chances are it's for all triggers/goals/etc. When I get a minute that should be a quick fix to re-implement Random's code.

Random Starfighter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Random Starfighter » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:19 am

AngeI wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:30 am
But of course I have another question for you. With the map briefings, in AlliED, you can just move any pre-existing icons and text tags to any position you like (not talking about animating, just setting their position) but you can't seem to do this in Yogeme. Would it be possible to allow this (unless I missed something)? I find it much easier from a usability point of view to be able to move tags around rather than going back and forth to adjust coordinates in the instructions list.
Being able to click and drag stuff on the map was part of my old briefing revamp. Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to working on the briefing enhancements yet. The old revamp was only half implemented, so there's a mix of stuff including unfinished features of moving things around, or multi-editing of the event list. I may need to start over.

In the meantime, just as progress update, I've been able to fix the issues of adding craft to the mission without erasing the map's hide/fade visibility. But I've been dragging my feet on pushing the changes since I'm not happy with the implementation. Plus I'm concerned about potential bugs, though I haven't encountered any so far.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:09 pm

@the_stag, Converter updated to fix the ship indexes again.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:49 pm

AngeI wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 am
I noticed in one of my new missions, all the mission briefing/debriefing/hints texts are blank in AlliED but are fine in Yogeme and work in-game too.
AngeI wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:03 pm
Just to add quickly, I made a blank mission and simply added text to the brief/debrief/hints. In Allied, the brief/debrief text shows up, the hints does not and remains blank.
Okay, I know what happened in at least this test case because I got the same thing. I'm going to guess that the failed text is the last textbox you were in (left-to-right) and you hit Ctrl+S instead of using the menu/toolbar. The problem there is that they save to memory after you leave the text box, not with every keystroke. That could actually affect a lot more than that, but that's fixed now.
As for the mission where *nothing* loads, I would have to see the mission file to see if there's something off. I tried normal missions, TFTC Reimagined, converted, missions simply re-saved in YOGEME, etc, and I didn't come across any where AlliED failed.
AngeI wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:01 pm
I have however encountered another bug when attempting to save a WAV file:

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Games\XWA Copies\TFTC v1.2\Wave\MissionVoice\1b4m2tftc-R.LST' because it is being used by another process.
Found and fixed, wasn't closing during the read.

I'll get a bug release out soon so the last few things aren't waiting on the rest of my to-do list.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:01 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:49 pm
Okay, I know what happened in at least this test case because I got the same thing. I'm going to guess that the failed text is the last textbox you were in (left-to-right) and you hit Ctrl+S instead of using the menu/toolbar. The problem there is that they save to memory after you leave the text box, not with every keystroke. That could actually affect a lot more than that, but that's fixed now.
As for the mission where *nothing* loads, I would have to see the mission file to see if there's something off. I tried normal missions, TFTC Reimagined, converted, missions simply re-saved in YOGEME, etc, and I didn't come across any where AlliED failed.

I will DM you the mission file since its an unreleased Reimagined mission.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:07 am

@AngeI

Okay, so in the end it's a problem with how AlliED handles the custom CMD Order strings, the mission file is fine. The array itself is always sized for 192 FGs, however AlliED is apparently only reading through FG 100, so if you apply Order strings for FG 101 or higher it fails to read those in and it won't read the description text, which are the only items after that in the file.

The behavior suggests that the counter being used to read everything just goes 1-100 and then assumes 101-192 is empty space, so if there's anything there it's looking for the descriptions in the wrong location.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:08 pm

Ok so not much to do there, just an AlliED bug, noted :)

Another minor bug I've been meaning to mention, which you fixed with the main flight group list some time ago. When you scroll through flight groups in various other panels (example orders or arrival/departure conditions), the scrolling has that 'jumping' effect instead of scrolling smoothly.

Also the main yogeme window keeps getting hidden by the map window when I try to select back to it. It forces me to either minimize the map window or move the main window to another monitor.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:51 pm

Ah, the ComboBoxes. Okay, I'll see if the same fix can be applied to those.

Not sure what you mean about the windows, it's normal Windows behavior on my end.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:18 am

@JaggedFel here is a video of the window behaviour: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojzbek612gksi ... 1.mp4?dl=0

Basically as soon as my cursor hits the map grid from the border, the window can disappear, I'm not clicking on the map window at all.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:21 am

Ah, okay. That does happen on my end I've just never noticed, probably because I tend to put the map on the other monitor. That'd annoy the heck out of me too.