I found this

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

I found this

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:36 pm

Well i found this https://github.com/rmorali/gw
ant this
https://github.com/rmorali/xwsg
what can it be? said its for x-wing alliance, can it be comopiled?

Safe-Keeper
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Safe-Keeper » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:57 am

Some sort of strategy game where you fight your battles in XWA? Looks interesting.

morali
Recruit

Post by morali » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Hello there!

That´s exactly what it seems: A strategy game where you fight the battles in XWA. We´ve been developing it using Ruby on Rails, since 2010 and played a lot with friends. Take a look at https://wgbrnavies.wordpress.com/ (turn on translating from portuguese). Maybe we can make a new round of battles.

See ya!
Morali

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:48 pm

This is absolutely fantastic, I love this concept. Sadly I don't speak Portuguese natively, however I might have to DL this and just mess with it. Have you been lurking this whole time? This is a great addition to the community. If your strategic engine is generating missions, it might be a cool module for Yogme, or at least very least I'm sure the mission generation could be improved by some of the things Yogme can do. There might be an opportunity for cooperation there.
Image Image Image Image Image

morali
Recruit

Post by morali » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm

ual002 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:48 pm
This is absolutely fantastic, I love this concept. Sadly I don't speak Portuguese natively, however I might have to DL this and just mess with it. Have you been lurking this whole time? This is a great addition to the community. If your strategic engine is generating missions, it might be a cool module for Yogme, or at least very least I'm sure the mission generation could be improved by some of the things Yogme can do. There might be an opportunity for cooperation there.
Hello!
Since the system is all web-based you can use Chrome´s authomatic translator to view it. To summarize, the system runs like a board game, you build/buy units, arm and put them inside capital ships or transports, move them throughout the map and, finding enemies around, you can play in XWA (there is an edited version in downloads section, I´ve aplyed XWA Upgrade and made some units playable). After the battle you put the results and go to the next round. You make money/credits by conquering the planets. It´s quite simple but you can develop rules to make it more enjoyable, like creating goals to achieve.

I´m reading about Yogme now. Do you know if Yogme can create missions from config files? In that case my system could generate these files to easily create missions! It would be amazing!

I´m planing to bring the system up in a few weeks, so we can try it online. I´ll let you all know.

See you!

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:36 am

morali wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm
I´m reading about Yogme now. Do you know if Yogme can create missions from config files? In that case my system could generate these files to easily create missions! It would be amazing!
You'll want to reach out to @JaggedFel for that one. I'm pretty sure that functionality doesn't exist at the moment, but from the things I've seen him do it's not out of the question. Best of luck to you, I'm really looking forward to seeing the system when it comes online.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:37 pm

Yeah, jaggedfel is the Yogme lead, and there is a github where you might be able to fork stuff or whatever you coders do.

If you haven't already made a version for TFTC I would also suggest you take a look at that too, as there is a different shipset for that total conversion.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:58 pm

I've looked into procedure/script-generated missions before for a dynamic campaign, and while I believe it to be possible, the missions would be much simpler than a full multi-region mission with interwoven goals. Think of everything that can be changed for a single flightgroup, and then try to blow that out to an INI or XML. Even when removing most of the exotic options, that's still quite a lot to try and write out in Notepad without errors so that it could be read in properly. The idea was that the utility was to be separate from YOGEME, though once complete YOGEME would of course be able to read the mission files if more advanced work was desired.

We never got past the work-shopping stage, but we decided the best way to go about it is that instead of building a mission from scratch based on a config input, would be to have a set of template missions that have the framework already in place that the config would then tweak to customize to fit the situation. Make some templates for Rescue, Steal Cargo, Dogfight, etc, then tweak various things so it feels somewhat unique and doesn't truly play out as a cookie-cutter copy of the last one you flew.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:43 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:58 pm
I've looked into procedure/script-generated missions before for a dynamic campaign, and while I believe it to be possible, the missions would be much simpler than a full multi-region mission with interwoven goals. Think of everything that can be changed for a single flightgroup, and then try to blow that out to an INI or XML. Even when removing most of the exotic options, that's still quite a lot to try and write out in Notepad without errors so that it could be read in properly. The idea was that the utility was to be separate from YOGEME, though once complete YOGEME would of course be able to read the mission files if more advanced work was desired.

We never got past the work-shopping stage, but we decided the best way to go about it is that instead of building a mission from scratch based on a config input, would be to have a set of template missions that have the framework already in place that the config would then tweak to customize to fit the situation. Make some templates for Rescue, Steal Cargo, Dogfight, etc, then tweak various things so it feels somewhat unique and doesn't truly play out as a cookie-cutter copy of the last one you flew.
Sensible solution, even with a base template, you could provide more complex things like multi region hit and run attacks with variations on locations, waypoints and ship variation itself.

morali
Recruit

Post by morali » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:17 am

Hello guys,

I´ve sent you instructions in private message to access the game. Feel free to comment, suggest, criticize and whatever. Don´t expect too much, it´s quite simple and I´m a really amateur programmer ;)

See you!

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:52 pm

morali wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:17 am
Hello guys,

I´ve sent you instructions in private message to access the game. Feel free to comment, suggest, criticize and whatever. Don´t expect too much, it´s quite simple and I´m a really amateur programmer ;)

See you!
We all start somewhere. I'll take a look, thanks.