Cockpit texture mod

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Cockpit texture mod

weta_nz
Recruit

Post by weta_nz » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:01 am

Hi all, I was wondering if it is possible for me to edit the tie fighter cockpit? What tools would I need to mod the current one?

cheers

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:21 am

weta_nz wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:01 am
Hi all, I was wondering if it is possible for me to edit the tie fighter cockpit? What tools would I need to mod the current one?

cheers
Depends on what you want to do, basically everything you need is included in JeremyaFR's XWAToolDownloader. But I am afraid documentation of the tools is somewhat lacking, but they do offer everything you need to start playing around with the models.

But again, kinda depends on what you want to do.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

weta_nz
Recruit

Post by weta_nz » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:50 pm

thanks for the info. What I was hoping to do is just decease the 'frame' thickness. E.g the frame that holds the cockpit screen that you look through takes up a lot of the view. I'm not sure if its part of the 3d model or just a texture overlay? If it is just a texture I might try and mod it myself. Any help in how to do this would be appreciated

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:44 pm

No that is actually a 3D model, so.changing that is not as easy as just changing a texture. You would need to actually change the 3D model itself.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

weta_nz
Recruit

Post by weta_nz » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:12 pm

Thanks again, I might take a look at the tie fighter cockpit opt file using the tool but probably beyond my ability to mod 😀.