[Help] 2 players 1 ship: is it possible and how?

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

[Help] 2 players 1 ship: is it possible and how?

CupcakeFS
Cadet 4th Class

Post by CupcakeFS » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:24 am

I'm wondering if it's possible to put two players in one ship, and if so, how would you make it happen? For example, in the YT-2000, one player flies while the other mans a turret. I'd like to know what ship editing needs to be done to make it happen, if it's even possible, but also how you would set it up when playing online. Like, in skirmish mode, playing online, would you drag and drop both players onto the same ship?

The best I could find is this thread from 2005:

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3008/vie ... yable#p494

It seems that they tried it, but it caused a lot of lag. Their method seemed simple enough: edit Shiplist.txt > replace "Flyable" or "Nonflyable" with "GunnerFlyable". Obviously, both people are going to need the same Shiplist.txt for best results.

If the answer is that there's just too much lag to make it work then that's fine. I'm just thinking that with internet speeds, and XWA mod-ing, having developed since 2005, maybe something has changed. If I can find someone with decent internet in the US who is also willing to play around with it, then I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Safe-Keeper
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Safe-Keeper » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:00 pm

Hmm, I remember doing this with other people back in the Zone days, I don't remember lag issues. Worked fine for us.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Should work just fine, I remember no lag either. It's a minor edit...