Fail to change ship stats.

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Fail to change ship stats.

IlanMS
Recruit

Post by IlanMS » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:07 pm

I just installed Alliance, XWAU2020 and XWAU2020update_v5.0.

I tried to edit ship stats (speed, shields etc).

I have found .INI files with ships names (several files per ship) in the backup folder (probably irrelevant) and the FlightModel folder.

Made changes to all XWING*.INI in FlightModel folder.

tried the simulator in game (1st mission is with XWing) - no effect. The changes I made do not affect shields etc.

Help with modifying ships stats (NOT models, effects etc.) will be appreciated.

EDIT: The game is the Steam version.

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:49 pm

In the original game, ship stats are stored in the executable, and changing them requires editing the executable.

If I remember correctly, there was a plan to allow changing stats through INIs, but someone will have to correct me if I’m wrong: it hasn’t been implemented yet, hasn’t it?
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:35 pm

The ini files are mainly used to load speed profiles in conjunction with speciffic missions.
So far, to edit the full ship stats you'll need a third party tool, either MXvTEd or BinHexEdit, both are available via the download section.
There's an MXvTEd Guide in the Modding Wiki on this page.

In addition, JeremyaFR is currently working on his new XWA WOrkspace tools which should allow you to view and edit ship stats as well. That one's still a WIP.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:29 pm

Hello,
To change the characteristics of a craft you can either edit the exe or create a stats profile for the craft. Note that not all settings are in the ini file.
For example if you want to modify the stats for all X-Wings, you can create a section named "StatsProfile_Default" in "XWing.ini".
You can see the documentation of the mission tie hook:
https://github.com/JeremyAnsel/xwa_hook ... on_tie/zip
There is an example for the X-Wing.