X-Wing is 30 years old!

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

X-Wing is 30 years old!

Barraken
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Barraken » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:44 am

I hope everyone here realizes that next month will be the 30th anniversary of the original game's release. It's certainly not lost on Renegade Wing, and I've undertaken a big project about us (since our formation was almost tied to the game's release in lockstep) that I hope will be ready for public consumpion by the end of next month, but, if it isn't, you can trust I'm still trying to work on it. :?
Capt. Moggaz "Barraken" Murg
Sabre 7/Mercy 3, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant
Also serving as Wing Historian
We will find the lost!

Old_Jedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Old_Jedi » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:54 am

Wow! I clearly remember when I first spotted the box in the PC games section of the old Virgin Megastore in London. It was right up there, along with the first time I saw the trailer for SW-ANH, one of those life-changing moments. I didn't even have a home PC yet, but I still bought it!

Ah, fond memories of tinkering with MemMaker to get the game to run. Almost re-mortgaging to get a soundcard after 6 months of silent playing - the first time I actually heard the SW theme playing on start-up I almost cried!!!

It is a shame I was not aware of the various fan groups out there at the time. I would have loved to have been part of a community playing custom missions and watching the development of the series with others back then. I look forward to seeing your project.

Happy times!

OJ

Barraken
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Barraken » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:09 am

Today's the day!

Going by the only source on the Internet that puts an exact date on its release, the IMDB, X-Wing is 30 years old today.

I'm not saying it's the only way Renegade Wing will be celebrating, but a bit of our history landed in our laps last week and we've been excited about today because we could get this to you: A re-release of the old Alliance Interactive Tour of Duty, a favorite mission set of many of our members, as a single download is now available on my Google Drive in the XvT/BoP folder. The nine missions (including a mission with an A/B choice for two missions in one) are all included in both XvT and BoP format (and we do recommend BoP format, as most of you have that now).
Capt. Moggaz "Barraken" Murg
Sabre 7/Mercy 3, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant
Also serving as Wing Historian
We will find the lost!

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:43 am

Thank you very much for share.

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Thanks!