XWAU Craft Pack now compatible with GoG Version of XWA

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

XWAU Craft Pack now compatible with GoG Version of XWA

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Patch is currently offline

Seems there are more things going on with the GoG version that were anticipated. We pulled the patch for now because sadly it seems to be causing some issues. Please be patient, things are being worked on. Hopefully we'll be able to present an updated version soon that takes care of the problems.

Stay tuned!

Many of you will already know that GoG has released X-Wing Alliance Unfortunately this version is not compatible with the current XWA Upgrade patches.
Well, fear no more because Darksaber has worked tirelessly to make a new patch making it compatible with the GoG version! This will combine the ease of installation of the GoG version on new machines with the advanced graphics and options the XWAU features:

This is what DS has to say about the new patch:
Darksaber wrote:With the release of the GoG version of X-Wing Alliance, we've updated the XWAUCP installer to add support for this new version of XWA.
We have also added DTM's Super Backdrops, six months of work and testing, more than 350 new high definition images to replace all the original planets, nebulae, galaxies, asteroids and Death Star...to create the most revolutionary patch I've ever made.

Also added with the thanks to JérémyaFr (Jérémy Ansel), we also have a new DDraw.dll. The purpose of the new DDraw.dll is to replace the old Direct3D API with a newest Direct3D API. Replacing that, the 3D hardware mode is again available in game; the new DDraw.dll also contains a few performance/graphical improvements.

Along with fixing the Direct Draw graphics Jérémy has also fixed the old TGSmush.dll which now allows us to play the original cutscene smoother and allows to play high resolution custom cutscenes.

Last but not least we have also added a new custom made Dll file created again by Jérémy which allows you to add and customise Hangars within the game, you're no longer restricted to using the same hangar for each starship, station or platform, you can now have an individual hangar customised to your preference for each Hangar. Within the Hangar you can add or remove craft, reposition the craft in the hangar and change the camera views. For a small example of what can be done, go to the Pilot Proving Ground and take a look at the hangar.

So with the new Backdrops, various graphic enhancements, it's brought new life to a Classic Game.
Enjoy!
So be sure to check out all the new goodness available and be sure to thank DS and Jérémy for their hard work making sure XWA will be the best possible experience ever!

The patch is now available in our download section!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

ShadowOwl
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by ShadowOwl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:22 pm

:shock:

That was quite fast, thank you guys for your incredible work! :gott:

Peter_229
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Peter_229 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Thank you guys!!!! You are AMAZING!!!!

Del-Dredd
Recruit

Post by Del-Dredd » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Does the XWAU Craft Pack v1.1 include the DTM Backdrops or do I need to download them from the DTM Backdrop link.

The first post is slightly ambiguous in that it says added but is that to the 1.1 upgrade or the download page.

Thanks in advance.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:57 pm

It's been added to v1.1 also but if you try installing DTMSBv1.0.exe after installing XWAUCPv1.1.exe, it won't run as the backdrops have already been installed by XWAUCPv1.1
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Del-Dredd
Recruit

Post by Del-Dredd » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks for the very fast response, I got game from GOG a couple of days a go.

I did try installing from my original disks a while a go, got it installed but was very flaky for some reason.

The GOG version running fine so far, going to run XWAhacker so I can get my full 1920X1080 res and add your great work.

Jafar_Ironclad
Recruit

Post by Jafar_Ironclad » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks for the quick patch!

Running into an annoying error with the installer though. Trying to install from CD-ROM; when the install starts it correctly finds the disc and makes the revisions etc. However, after it finishes patching the xwingalliance exe, it runs the search again and fails to find x-wing disc 1 (even though its still in the drive and hasn't moved!) I tried switching to disc 2; same error. Unable to continue with install.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Opps just spotted what I've done, give me 30mins to fix this

Thanks for the bug report Jafar_Ironclad, this doesn't effect a GOG installation just a disc installation.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

ShadowOwl
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by ShadowOwl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Jafar_Ironclad wrote:Thanks for the quick patch!

Running into an annoying error with the installer though. Trying to install from CD-ROM; when the install starts it correctly finds the disc and makes the revisions etc. However, after it finishes patching the xwingalliance exe, it runs the search again and fails to find x-wing disc 1 (even though its still in the drive and hasn't moved!) I tried switching to disc 2; same error. Unable to continue with install.
Got the same problem with the disc version.

Edit: Whooops, Darksaber was faster.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Before uploading the fix, can you test that:
Load a family mission from the calamari cruiser and check that the hangar is good.
If the hangar is the family base instead of the calamari cruiser, apply this:

Code: Select all

At offset 17DF9E, replace B20190 with 0F92C2.
It is the reverse of the last item of "Hangar or FamilyBase: B) To use Hangar (or custom hangar) or FamilyBase, based on model index". This item breaks the Azzameen campaign wich loads a hangar based on mission index.

Starting from mission 7, the hangar should be the calamari cruiser hangar.

ShadowOwl
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by ShadowOwl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Hm, several users are reporting problems with XWAUCP 1.1: http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_xwin ... ange_crash

Jafar_Ironclad
Recruit

Post by Jafar_Ironclad » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Yeah, I also ran into the crash issue with Rebel Battle 1 mission 2 (Rescue Uncle Antan) with XWAUCP in 1.0, and it may indeed be to do with the planetary fighters.

If yes, a good stopgap measure may be to replace them with Razors for that mission, and later instances with Y-Wings (I think the probe droid recovery mission uses them as a neutral/friendly fighter). At least until the issue is corrected.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:50 pm

Jeremy, I'm not sure what you mean by load a family mission from the calamari cruiser?

I went to the flight simulator loaded Mission 1B0M1FW.TIE Prologue, Mission #1 Aeron's Lesson: Transport Operations I started in the family base. Changed the offset as above start the same mission in the family base, not sure what I'm supposed to do now :/

ShadowOwl, tested the mission, it was the Planetary fighters that was causing the problem, I replaced the models with a backup I have tested the rescue uncle aton mission again and it didn't crash when the Planetary fighters showed up.
- John Lydgate

ShadowOwl
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by ShadowOwl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:51 pm

Darksaber wrote:ShadowOwl, tested the mission, it was the Planetary fighters that was causing the problem, I replaced the models with a backup I have tested the rescue uncle aton mission again and it didn't crash when the Planetary fighters showed up.
Thanks for the quick fix. :)

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:02 pm

Darksaber wrote:Jeremy, I'm not sure what you mean by load a family mission from the calamari cruiser?

I went to the flight simulator loaded Mission 1B0M1FW.TIE Prologue, Mission #1 Aeron's Lesson: Transport Operations I started in the family base. Changed the offset as above start the same mission in the family base, not sure what I'm supposed to do now :/
When I launch Battle1, Mission #2: Rescue Uncle Antan, the hangar is the family base instead of the calamari hangar.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:15 pm

Right I see what you mean now, ok that'll be changed, thanks jeremy

Please give be another 20min to recompile the installer
- John Lydgate

Jafar_Ironclad
Recruit

Post by Jafar_Ironclad » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:22 am

"Hello, Darksaber transports? Thanks for the quick service!

Please deliver the installers to the docking platform."

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:58 am

Hold Off on Downloading, Jeremy found a problem with xwa_ddraw_d3d11

ShadowOwl if you could let then know for the update over at GOG I would appreciate it, thanks

Oh you might notice some weird textures on some of the craft in the hangars, there is nothing we can do about this, I think it has been mentioned somewhere on here before but for the life of me I can't remember where the post is :(
- John Lydgate

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:25 am

Wow, you've been working really hard on this, Darksaber! Thanks for all that. And I didn't know about some of these new features Jeremy has been adding, like the custom hangars! You guys are awesome!

And of course so is DTM, ForceFlow, Vincent, Saxman, all of our Marcos, and everyone!

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:34 am

I have to ask now : are you planning to update the DSUCP too ? :P
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:45 am

Yes I am, actually It has already been updated, but please don't download as I'll have to update that again, hopefully ready tomorrow :)
- John Lydgate

Shark
Ensign

Post by Shark » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:43 am

hi guys, I am really excited to download this. On the download page, when I hover over the link it says XWAUCPv1.1.exe, but when Firefox actually downloads the file, the filename is XWAUCPv1.0. Just checking if this is the correct version, or am I having an issue somehow downloading the right file?

Thank you!!!

One-Shot
Recruit

Post by One-Shot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:53 am

Shark wrote:hi guys, I am really excited to download this. On the download page, when I hover over the link it says XWAUCPv1.1.exe, but when Firefox actually downloads the file, the filename is XWAUCPv1.0. Just checking if this is the correct version, or am I having an issue somehow downloading the right file?

Thank you!!!
Yeah same here, and when I try to install it asks for a disk.

Charles
Recruit

Post by Charles » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:29 am

Shark wrote:hi guys, I am really excited to download this. On the download page, when I hover over the link it says XWAUCPv1.1.exe, but when Firefox actually downloads the file, the filename is XWAUCPv1.0. Just checking if this is the correct version, or am I having an issue somehow downloading the right file?

Thank you!!!
That is not the right file. It should be v1.1.exe and about 229MB.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:54 am

Patch is currently offline

Seems there are more things going on with the GoG version that were anticipated. We pulled the patch for now because sadly it seems to be causing some issues. Please be patient, things are being worked on. Hopefully we'll be able to present an updated version soon that takes care of the problems.

Stay tuned!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project